Working with parents
At Gurnard Primary School we genuinely value feedback and ideas from parents and carers to help make our school even better. We regularly ask for the views of parents and carers and share information about the school's development priorities.
Parent View gives parents and carers the chance to tell Ofsted what they think about their child’s school, from the quality of teaching to dealing with bullying and poor behaviour. The survey can be completed at any time; you don’t have to wait until the school is being inspected.
Click here to register and complete a survey to help your child’s school improve.
Leading Parent Partnership Award - LPPA
Gurnard Primary School is very proud to have achieved the Leading Parent Partnership Award in June 2018. The LPPA is a recognised award that provides a challenging framework through which schools can strengthen their partnerships with parents and carers.
The LPPA consists of ten evidence-based objectives which schools must meet to get the award:
- The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the Leading Parent Partnership Award.
- The school is a welcoming and friendly place for parents.
- The school promotes an awareness of and participation in lifelong learning opportunities available in school and in the community to all groups of parents.
- The school holds and actively promotes enrichment opportunities or events for joint parent/child participation.
- The school provides good induction for all new parents.
- The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning.
- The school produces and implements parent friendly policies to establish effective home school-links and improve pupil/student attendance, punctuality, behaviour and progress and positive participation in school.
- The school provides good support for transition for parents when their children leave the school.
- The school evaluates performance against the Leading Parent Partnership Award.