Art and Design
Gurnard Primary School is working towards achieving the Artsmark Award. Artsmark has been developed by Arts Council England to enable schools and other organisations to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision. Artsmark is nationally recognised as demonstrating excellence in arts and cultural provision.
By achieving Artsmark status Gurnard Primary School will demonstrate that our school:
- values high quality arts and cultural provision for all children through a broad and balanced curriculum
- promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- is committed to investing and nurturing talent in our staff and pupils
- is committed to listening to our pupils and providing opportunities for our school community
- has an effective approach to building sustainable relationships with arts and cultural organisations.